- What is the centre phone and fax No.?
Phone no.: 24340999 Fax no: 24340702
- What programs I can apply to it through the centre?
You can apply to all programs in all higher education institutes, but the government programs is only for Omani and the private programs is for everyone, as it is explained in the student guide book.
- Can I apply to get a scholarship through the centre?
You can only if you are an Omani and only if you are allegeable for it.
- When can I register in the centre registration system?
The centre will start receiving the registration applications from 01/04 to 01/06
- What should I do before registration?
If you are Omani you should have first ID card, otherwise you should get one.
- Where can I submit my registration?
From any where. You just need to have a computer which is connected to the internet. There will be , however, registration centers in schools, education colleges, colleges of Applied Sciences, universities and colleges which will be announced later.
- How can I register?
You can register through the centre website www.heac.gov.om. There will be no paper applications.
- How can I be sure that the centre electronic system has received my application?
After registering you will get a registration number from the system and this will assure you that your application has been received and that you are registered.
- After registering can I make any changes in my application after the 1st of June ?
You wouldn’t be able to access the registration system to do any changes after the 1st of June to the announcement of General Certificate Examination results in July. After that you will get a period of 10 days to do any changes you wish in your application.
- How many times can I apply to the higher education institutes between 1/4 and 1/6?
One time only.
- Is it possible to make changes in the programs after the 10 days period for changing ends?
No, it is not possible except in one condition is a vacancy in a certain program and there is no body in the waiting list, the vacancy will be announced through the media and applicant are invited.
- How would I know that I got a seat in a program?
You can know through the HEAC website by using HEAC registration No. and through textual messages or e-mail to students who provided the numbers of their mobile phones or e-mail address.
- What should I do to accept a program that has been offered to me?
You must inform the center that you accept the offer by entering the web site or send text message (SMS) to the centre.
- What would happen if I did not accept the program seat?
If you did not accept the offer within Period specified the program seat will be offered to the first one after you and you cannot ask for this seat later.
- If I did not accept the seat which was offered to me, is there a chance to get another offer later?
Yes, in a condition that the offer you have got wasn’t your first choice, because it is your right to get a higher preference if a vacancy occurred, but there is no guarantee to get a seat on the higher preference because it depends on the existence of the vacancy.
- If I accepted the seat which I have been offered, does this mean that I will not be offered to another offer later?
No, your acceptance to an offer dose not means forbidding you from getting another offer. Either you accept or not accepting the offer you will compete in your higher preferences which are before the program offer which you have been offered.
- If I have not get any offer of any programs which I applied for it or if I did not accept the offer presented to me, what should I do?
You can apply for specific program when vacancy occurs and there was no waiting list in this program, which will be announced in the press for all as new opportunities.
- Is it must to visit the Center?
You do not need to visit the center either to register or to accept the offers.
- Why should not visit the Center?
Your visit to the Center will not help you. If it is your right to get a seat you will get it automatically. And if you have any query you can send it to the centre by e-mail. And if you were not from the students which are eligible for a seat so your visit will not change anything, most of what you need to know you will find it in the student guide book.
- Will I lose a seat if I didn’t visit the Center?
No, if it is your right to get a seat will get it automatically.
- Do I need to contact the Center at the distribution of seats?
There is no need for this because telephone lines at the time of the distribution of seats will be busy and the best way to communicate with the centre is by e-mail.
- Dose registering earlier means a greater opportunity to get a seat?
No, because preference measured by your grades and your eligibility in a program.
- How can I get privileges from the center?
You can not get any privileges and no one can get any privileges because of that the competition based on grades and the student to meet the minimum requirements for admission in the programs involved. In the electronic system it is the student right to see why he is accepted or not.
- Do I need to search for a person supports my request to have a seat in the government institutions of higher education?
No. Only your grades and choices of program will be the deciding factor in the acceptance or reject. If your grades dose not help you to study a specific program then you will not be able to get an offer in this program and no one can support you aand give you a seat which is not belongs to you, it is the first documentary objectives of the establishment of the Center is to achieve a common acceptance of transparency and justice among all applicants.
- Can I submit my application in writing?
No. no paper registration is allowed. Registration should be done electronically through the Internet only.
- How do I arrange my choice of programs?
Programs which represent the best preference must be at the top of the list and programs that are lower in priority be at the bottom of the list
- Is it necessary to fill the 40 choices in the list of programs?
No. Not necessary, but it must not be less than six choices. Nevertheless, it is advisable to fill the 40 choices in the list of programs to allow yourself a greater chance to get one of the seats.
- Student doesn’t registering programs according to priorities.
- Students register wrong telephone numbers.
- Lack of following the center announcements about the dates of registration and the appearance of the results of allocation and the acceptance of the offer period.
- Not confirming the acceptance of an offer due time.
- Graduate students from the General Certificate Examination inside the Sultanate registering in the category of students graduate from General Certificate Examination outside the Sultanate.
- Not reading student guide book carefully to be aware of the acceptance requirements of a student in any program.
- Student gives the user and registration number to another student to register him.
- Not checking the personal information of the student at the website.
- Registering limited program options.
- Not accept the offer.
- The student could not be contacted, due to a change in student telephone number.
- Student who enrolled in low income category could not get partial scholarship because he couldn’t get a proof that his parent’s salary is less than 600 riyals.
- Social Security or limited income students did not select the programs of this the relevant category.
- Relying on others to register.
- Failure to inquire about any question that occur to you.
- Believing that the acceptance to a program depends on the average of the total grade of subjects.